DatePerfect compares Match vs eHarmony
Today we'll compare Match vs eHarmony. We want to let online daters know which is the best dating site. Both have been key players in online dating for a long time. So what are the key differences between the two platforms? DatePerfect performed our independent analysis of these two juggernauts, and the results were fascinating. Keep reading to find out who wins when it's Match vs eHarmony!
A side-by-side comparison of eHarmony vs Match:
|eHarmony Free||eHarmony Paid||Match Free||Match Paid|
|Create a Profile|
|View Member Profiles||Limited|
|See Who's Viewed You|
|Save 15-30% - Click for promo code|
eHarmony's Claim to Fame
eHarmony focuses on creating longer-term relationships and acts like a matchmaking service. The company even claims that 2% of all marriages in the United States today began with eHarmony. They do this by using the results of your personality questionnaire to connect you with compatible matches.
Regular monthly memberships on eHarmony can run anywhere between $10.95-$40.95/month depending on the length of your subscription. Discount codes are available: use code EHLOVE to save 30% on a 6-month membership, or HARMONY12 to save 15% on a 12-month membership (promo codes good thru 12/31/18). Click here to view all DatePerfect exclusive promo codes.
- Ease of Use: The site has an extremely user-friendly interface and approach.
- Safety Matters: eHarmony’s screening tools and matching algorithms are designed to weed out potentially problematic users like fraudsters, scammers, and criminals.
- Advanced Algorithm: This site's matching algorithm is efficient and powerful, connecting you to the best possible personality matches in moments.
- Broad User Base: The site attracts over 4 million visitors a month ? so there are plenty of fish, so to speak, in this particular sea.
- High Cost: The site's membership fees average a bit higher than other dating sites, but you get what you pay for. eHarmony is totally worth it.
- Detailed Signup: While the detailed signup process can certainly aide in finding the perfect match ? it will require a time commitment as the questionnaires can be a little long and tedious.
- Limited Features on Free Accounts: eHarmony’s free trial is a great way to test out the site, but certain features are not available unless you upgrade to the paid membership.
Match.com's Claim to Fame
Match.com claims they have helped more singles find more dates, relationships, and marriages than any other dating site. Match mostly uses a classic search system. But they do offer a very basic matchmaking service that uses your profile and preferences to provide a list of compatible matches.
Monthly memberships range from $18.99-$26.99 per month depending on the length of your subscription. Free trials are also available. Discount codes are sometimes available, click here to view all DatePerfect exclusive promo codes.
- Ease of Use: Match.com offers an easy to use interface, intuitive search functionality, and comprehensive customer service.
- Safety Matters: Match.com is well-moderated and even offers safety tips to users.
- Advanced Algorithm: The pairing algorithm on Match.com is one of the best out there.
- Broad User Base: Match.com boasts a wide and diverse user base with over 13.5 million free subscribers and 6 million paid users.
- Detailed Signup: Once again, the signup process asks for a lot of information. Match.com will use this information to find compatible matches, but this task can be tedious and time-consuming for some.
- Limited Features on Free Accounts: Without a paid account, users won’t be able to use many of the site’s great features ? including sending private messages.
- Fake Profiles: Having a “broad user base” also made the “pros” list, but too many user profiles can make it difficult for moderators to manage the site. This means that occasionally fake profiles slip through the cracks.
Match vs eHarmony: Our Conclusion
So, who wins when it's Match vs eHarmony? Both are excellent choices when it comes to the making your leap into the world of online dating. Still, there are clear differences between the two platforms. We think that eHarmony may be better suited for singles searching for a higher-end, premium service, especially those who are invested in forming long-term relationships. Match.com offers a much broader user base and seems more suited for the budget-conscious consumer. Choosing an online dating site can seem confusing. But in some ways, it is similar to dating itself. It’s all about choosing what is the best fit for you. Sometimes the hardest part is making that first move ? and sign up.
For a list of current eHarmony and Match.com discounts & promo codes plus many more, click here.