We can all agree on one thing: breakups f*cking suck. But we think that with a little help and a lot of info maybe they can suck just a little bit less. If you’re getting over a breakup or think you might be getting over one soon, this eBook is for you. Its electronic pages won’t double as crinkly and abrasive tissues the way pages from a real book would, but maybe its contents can offer you something even better. DatePerfect wants to make everything dating-related a little simpler, easier, and more fun. And that’s good news for you if you’re picking up the pieces of your broken heart, eating ice cream for dinner, and you can’t stop listening to Cat Power (or whatever your personal breakup recovery plan looks like).
So, what kind of stuff can you expect to find in this eBook? We’ll start with everything pre-breakup, like knowing when, why, and how to breakup. We’ll talk about what it looks like to end a long term relationship, break up with someone you love, and how to help yourself heal after. Then we walk you through all our best tips and suggestions for dealing with that tender, broken heart. This includes info like how to get over someone, how to move on, and how long it takes to get over a breakup. We’ll end on a positive note by helping you decide when you’re ready to start dating again, how to get back in the dating scene, and, for better or for worse, how to fall for someone all over again. Better to have loved and lost, right?
Want to know even more? Scroll down to see the table of contents, as well as an excerpt from one of the chapters of this eBook.
How to Break Up with Someone and Make It Suck a Little Less
1. Breakups Suck but They Can Suck Less
2. When is It Time to Break Up? (Before it’s Toxic, Please)
3. Knowing when to Break up and Why
4. How to Break up: The Best Ways to Do It
5. How to Deal with a Breakup
6. Break It off Clean
7. I Don’t Know What to Say (so Here Are Some Tips)
8. How to Know when to Break Up
9. Should We Break Up?
10. How to End a Relationship
11. Breaking up with Someone You Love
12. Ending a Long Term Relationship
13. How to Break up with Your Boyfriend
14. How to Break up with Your Girlfriend
15. Signs of a Toxic Relationship
16. Managing Emotions After a Breakup
17. What to Do After a Breakup
18. How to Get over a Breakup
19. How to Heal a Broken Heart
20. How to Get over Someone
21. How to Get over a Guy
22. How to Get over a Girl
23. How to Move on After a Breakup
24. Getting over a Long Term Relationship
25. How Long Does It Take to Get over a Breakup?
26. Am I Ready to Date?
27. How to Start Dating After a Breakup
28. Learning to Love Again
29. Success Is the Best Revenge
If you feel wronged by your ex, learning to forgive them and yourself is the ultimate goal. No, forgiveness doesn’t mean that you condone what they did to harm you. What it actually means is that you no longer have to be burdened by that hurt. Until you forgive them, they’ll be occupying space in your mind period. Don’t let them live in your head rent-free like that! They’re taking up space that you could devote to something nourishing like your friendships or getting to know someone new.
Let yourself have whatever feelings you do and try to let them move through you. It’s normal to feel angry or depressed or hopeless at times. When the feelings come, see if you can feel them and move on. It’s healthy and normal to have big feelings after a breakup.
When you’re ready, open yourself up to new relationships. It may take a bit of time or it may not. It can sometimes be a mistake to get into another relationship immediately following a breakup. But we won’t judge! You shouldn’t feel bad for looking for another partner right away nor should you feel pressured into entering another relationship before you’re ready.
Only after you’ve fully moved on and let go have you really “ended the relationship.” Because at that moment, the person no longer has emotional dominance in your mind. You’re free to let someone or something new occupy you the way they used to.