Writing your profile
Wondering How to Write a Dating Profile?
You’re wondering how to write an online dating profile and feeling lost. The truth is that writing great dating profiles is hard. Marketing yourself as desirable, but not stuck up feels awkward. And even though you might joke that the number of bad dates you’ve been on qualifies you with a certain expertise, the reality is that you’re not a dating expert.
And we’ve all seen the cringey dating site profiles where Gift2Females or SexyMama21 go waaaay overboard celebrating their many contributions to online dating. So maybe you know what kind of profile you don’t want. But you still aren’t sure how to talk yourself appropriately the way people do in the best bios. It’s normal to feel slightly baffled about how to get the attention of the men or women you’re interested in without overdoing it.
And let us be the first to say that it’s totally not your fault that online dating is so confusing and weird. Seriously, does anyone else feel like it’s one of those anxiety dreams where you’re naked at a job interview? Ugh. We get it and we want to help. That’s why we provide resources like DatePerfect’s dating profile writing service to help make the dating process a little easier. Keep reading to discover our online dating profile tips, learn what you’ll get with our Profile Writing Services, plus get the info you need on how to choose the best profile pics, usernames, and profile headlines.
DatePerfect’s Profile Writing Services
We know what it’s like to get stuck or paralyzed trying to write the perfect online dating bio. So why not give yourself a break? Let our online dating experts take the lead. Our profile writers have experience in the field and use their tested knowledge and expertise to write your best dating site profile. Now you can get all the benefit of an expert online dating profile in a matter of days, and for a fraction of what other sites are charging.
And yes, we’ll create an amazing bio for you, no matter what site you’re using. We’ve got your sexy Tinder profile covered. We’ll write you something real for your OkCupid profile. And we can get you what you need for your Bumble profile.
We know that where love and dating are concerned, it can be difficult to hand the reins to someone you don’t know. We understand your skepticism. That’s why our dating profile writers will always take time to get to know you before drafting your profile. Want to know what the profile writing process will look like for you? Keep reading. In the next section, we’ll walk you through the whole thing, including what we’ll need from you to help you decide whether a profile ghostwriter might be the boost your dating life needs.
What’s In The Profile Templates?
Maybe you don’t need us to write your profile from scratch, but just need a little help getting things going. If this sounds like you, it probably makes sense to check out our online dating profile generator. It’s easy and fun! The Profile Generator takes your basic details and spins them into an amazing bio or about me section that you can use on any dating site or app. Let our awesome tech help connect you with what you want and need, whatever that is.
We’ll also throw in a collection of good online dating profiles to copy, which takes the pressure off you to single-handedly devise the best profile ever. Like we said, between our interactive profile generator and some online dating profile examples, we’ve got it covered.
Some General Tips & Resources
The Best Conversation Starters for Online Dating
Okay, so you’ve got your profile set up following best practices and now it’s time to test out the proverbial water. This is where you’ll need to find the best opening lines or funny icebreaker questions to start your chat off with a bang (all puns intended). And by the way, if you still feel like “hey there” and “what’s up” are great opening lines, we wrote this section for you. Because face it, you need our help, buddy.
If you’re a woman, it’s likely you get a bunch of messages like this every day. Are you likely to respond to online dating openers like “hi” if you literally get fifty a day? Of course not. That’s why we want to help guys find good opening lines. Ladies, we want to keep your inbox interesting. And gentleman, we want to help you stand out from the sea of boring and generic messages.
How to Start a Conversation with a Girl
- Appeal to her feelings: If you want to capture her attention and interest, one of the most important things to do is make her feel something right away. One great way to do this is to check out her profile and find things about her that you’re curious about. These are always the best icebreakers because they demonstrate your interest, curiosity, and enthusiasm.
- Make it easy for her to reply: the messages she replies to are the ones that don’t feel like work. Seriously, it’s the last place in her life she wants to feel like she has to stress about answering a question “right.” So choose online dating icebreakers that are lighthearted, simple, and easy to respond to.
- Be funny and open-ended: we all love funny icebreakers. Sure, that other guy might have a six-pack, but he’s seriously lacking in the funny opening lines department. Here’s your chance to stand out from a seemingly endless sea of headless six-packs. Bonus points if you choose from fun icebreaker questions, like these: “what’s the song that best describes your mood right now,” “which actor would play you in the movie version of your life,” or “what’s the cringiest pick up line you’ve ever gotten?”
Hopefully, these suggestions have helped you get a basic idea about the best online dating conversation starters. Using these suggestions, you’ll be able to create good icebreakers every time. Want additional funny ice breaker questions or online dating opening lines? Or even more tidbits to help with profile writing? You’ll find it all in our eBook, which comes free with all profile writing
Dating Profile Examples for Men
Okay guys, we’re here to help you create the man profile of her dreams. But what does that actually look like? First, we’ll share are a few basic pointers that all good bios have in common. For real-life examples of the best online dating profile examples for men, check out our Profile Generator Package.
- It’s all in the details: when creating your online dating profile, the details matter. This is where you give her a chance to get to know who you actually are, what matters in your life, and what you’re passionate about. If you love your dog, show how much by describing all the weird variations on his actual name that you use to get his attention. Love to cook? Tell her all about your favorite dish and why you love making it.
- Be charming: even in the world of hookup dating and NSA fun, it’s always a good idea to be charming and charismatic. If you’re the romantic type, let her know how you show up for the women you’re dating. Even if you’re not looking for a serious relationship, you can be engaging and appealing while being sexy and fun. No matter what you’re looking for, charm and allure are ingredients if you want to create the best male dating profile ever.
- Say what makes you different: okay, maybe you got teased in high school for being weird or intense or geeky. But guess what! These are the things that set you apart from the crowd. So don’t be afraid to let her know what makes you, you. Whether it’s your obsessive knowledge of GOT or the Halloween costumes you make for your cat.
Want even more help creating the perfect dating profile? Our dedicated profile writers are here to help! Scroll up to find the Profile Template Package that’s right for you.
Dating Profile Examples for Women
If you’re looking for online dating profile examples to attract men, we’ve got you covered. For women looking to find eligible guys, here are a few profile tips to help. We’ll share a few general pointers here. Plus, always a good idea to avoid these pitfalls. Want even more tips? Check out our Profile Template Package to see a bunch of dating profile examples for women. In the meantime, here’s how to create a womans profile for dating sites that delivers real results:
Tips for Women
- Share the details: this suggestion applies across the board. The best way to let people get to know you via your dating profile is with details. It’s like that rule for writers: show, don’t tell. Instead of just saying you like hiking, let him know about the adventure hike you did in Hawaii on an active volcano. Love to garden? Share about the organic vegetable garden project you started last year and what delicious meals you’ve been cooking with all those fresh veggies.
- Give them ways to relate: since it’s traditional for guys to make the first move, make it easy on him to say hi. (Yes, even if you’re a modern woman and a feminist, this suggestion still holds water.) Guys get intimidated easily and sometimes they just need a little encouragement. So give him a shortcut for how to connect with you in a meaningful way. Plus, it will reduce the number of irritating “what’s up, cutie?” messages you get on a daily basis.
- Share who you are, but not all of it: again, a great profile will fill in some interesting details, but still leave them guessing. The goal is to be intriguing and alluring, while also being somewhat mysterious and open-ended. This way you’ll capture his imagination and attention so he’s naturally inclined to get to know more about you. To see these suggestions in action, check out the best online dating profiles for females in our Profile Generator Package.
Still wondering how to describe yourself on a dating site with examples? Start with our Profile Generator Package for help creating the best dating profiles. We’ve got a profile package that meets your needs.
How to Come Up with a Username for Dating Sites
Most online daters don’t put too much thought into how to choose good usernames for dating sites. But sometimes funny usernames can be the difference between a left and right swipe. A good user name showcases your personality, sense of humor, and lets people know right away what’s unique and special about you. Every bit counts where your dating profile is concerned. That’s why it pays to pause and learn how to come up with a good username.
Our dating profile writers can help you pick the funniest usernames or give you targeted feedback on how to choose the best username given your dating goals. In the meantime, here are a few general tips on how to make a good username.
Unique Usernames Ideas
You need a unique username to stand out from the crowd. This is especially true when it comes to online dating. You’ve got a split second to make a good first impression. This means that a really unique user name could be just the thing to tip the scales in your favor. You can check out a unique usernames list for inspiration or, better yet, work our a personalized username. How? Pause and think of some things that make you stand out from the crowd and take it from there with the following suggestions.
- Tone and Attitude: A cool username portrays a tone and attitude. Who are you and how do you want to look to other online daters? If you’re a big joker, it probably makes sense to go in the direction of hilarious usernames. If you’re hot AF and you know it, it might make the most sense to look at sexy usernames.
- Use a Formula: Need some help with usernames ideas? We love the classic adjective-noun formula. This is an especially great way to find funny user names. Ready for some spur-of-the-moment examples? Here are a few just off the top: OverCaffeinatedCrawdad, FrenchToastyPriestess, SpiritualCowboy, the list goes on. Like we said, for a quick and catchy username, this formula delivers results. #bestusernames
Good Usernames for Girls
If you’re looking for online dating usernames for females, we can help in that department, too. It can be stressful to pick out good usernames for girls. Maybe the five you had picked out were already taken and you’re officially out of ideas. So what do you do next?
- Get Inspired: Of course, there are lists of good usernames for dating sites galore. Our forever bestie Google can always help you find them. Sure, it’s a good place to start if you just need some real-life user name suggestions to get your creative juices flowing. Here are even more ways to be sure you capture the right feeling for your online dating user name.
- Start with what’s real and interesting for you. What are your hobbies, passions, and inspirations? Find the things that make you the special human you are and start there.
- Words that end with the letter “y” or “ie” are great in terms of cute usernames for girls. For example, BunnyWhisperer or BunnieKween. (If you’re looking for something more intense, steer clear of the diminutives.) Whatever direction you go, remember to choose a name that captures your unique tone and attitude!
And there you have it! Follow these suggestions to find good online dating names for females every time. Even more help is available from our expert profile writing team.
Good Usernames for Guys
While men are most attracted to sexy usernames (duh), straight women get hot for usernames that point to intelligence, humor, and wit. If these are a natural part of your character, start there. If there are other personality factors that feel more like who you actually are, we suggest starting with what you’ve got. Some examples of other character traits to highlight are things like: charisma, intensity, power, distinction, skills, and fun. Here’s how to find the best usernames for men:
- If you want to find good screen names that work for who you actually are, start with what resonates. Choose from a personality category that captures your best traits and take it from there.
- Choose words that are expressive and exciting. Why be BenfromCali when you’re actually so much more than that? If you’re not a wordsmith, use an online thesaurus for help finding more colorful ways to describe yourself.
Now it’s up to you, gentlemen. Use these suggestions to get cool usernames for boys no matter what. And if you’ve tried to create the perfect dating site username but your efforts were in vain, it’s not the end of the world. Sometimes looking at results returned by an online dating username generator can be just the thing to spark your imagination (or wit or charisma or intensity) into action. Check out what the bots have to say for a little inspiration about good username ideas.
Choosing the Best Profile Pictures for Online Dating
Did you know that it takes someone just one-tenth of a second to form an opinion of you based on your profile pics? That’s why you need to make sure you’ve chosen them well. If you’ve been struggling to select good profile pics, we can totally help. In addition to creating good bios for dating sites, our expert team can also help you maximize your success with awesome profile pictures.
Need some help with profile picture ideas? We’ve got a few general pointers. Here are the basics:
Always post more than one profile picture and to mix your pictures up. Use a recent profile picture (not that one from a decade ago or 20 pounds ago). And smile! If that’s too much for you (because you’re too intense or hip or whatever), at least look happy. Seriously, you guys. Duckface is so 2015.
If you want to have the best online dating experience, let our expert team help you create a selection of truly awesome profile pics. We’ll evaluate what you’ve got and let you know which pictures to use and which to lose. If our profile picture experts think you’re missing an opportunity for good profile pictures, they’ll advise you on how to capture yourself in the most flattering and desirable way.