DatePerfect compares eHarmony and Match.com
Both Match and eHarmony have been key players in the online dating scene for a long time. In terms of success and reputation, they are a hard act to beat. But what are the key differences between the two platforms? DatePerfect performed our independent analysis of these two juggernauts, and the results were fascinating.
eHarmony & Match: A side-by-side comparison
|eHarmony Free||eHarmony Paid||Match Free||Match Paid|
|Create a Profile|
|View Member Profiles||Limited|
|See Who’s Viewed You|
|Save 15-30% – Click for promo code|
eHarmony’s Claim to Fame
eHarmony focuses on creating longer-term relationships and acts like a matchmaking service.The company even claims that 2% of all marriages in the United States today began with eHarmony. They do this by using the results of your personality questionnaire to connect you with compatible matches.
Regular monthly memberships on eHarmony can run anywhere between $10.95-$40.95/month depending on the length of your subscription. Discount codes are available: use code EHLOVE to save 30% on a 6-month membership, or HARMONY12 to save 15% on a 12-month membership (promo codes good thru 12/31/18). Click here to view all DatePerfect exclusive promo codes.
- Ease of Use: eHarmony has an extremely user-friendly interface and approach.
- Safety Matters: eHarmony’s screening tools and matching algorithms are designed to weed out potentially problematic users like fraudsters, scammers, and criminals.
- Advanced Algorithm: The eHarmony matching algorithm is efficient and powerful, connecting you to the best possible personality matches in moments.
- Broad User Base: eHarmony attracts over 4 million visitors a month – so there are plenty of fish, so to speak, in this particular sea.
- High Cost: eHarmony’s membership fees average a bit higher than other dating sites, but you get what you pay for.
- Detailed Signup: While the detailed signup process can certainly aide in finding the perfect match – it will require a time commitment as the questionnaires can be a little long and tedious.
- Limited Features on Free Accounts: eHarmony’s free trial is a great way to test out the site, but certain features are not available unless you upgrade to the paid membership.
Match.com’s Claim to Fame
Match.com claims they have helped more singles find more dates, relationships, and marriages than any other dating site. Match mostly uses a classic search system, but they do offer a very basic matchmaking service that uses your profile and preferences to provide a list of compatible matches.
Monthly memberships range from $18.99-$26.99 per month depending on the length of your subscription. Free trials are also available. Discount codes are sometimes available, click here to view all DatePerfect exclusive promo codes.
- Ease of Use: Match.com offers an easy to use interface, intuitive search functionality, and comprehensive customer service.
- Safety Matters: Match.com is well-moderated and even offers safety tips to users.
- Advanced Algorithm: The pairing algorithm on Match.com is one of the best out there.
- Broad User Base: Match.com boasts a wide and diverse user base with over 13.5 million free subscribers and 6 million paid users.
- Detailed Signup: Once again, the signup process asks for a lot of information – which Match.com will use to find compatible matches – but this task can be tedious and time-consuming for some.
- Limited Features on Free Accounts: Without a paid account, users won’t be able to use many of the site’s great features – including sending private messages.
- Fake Profiles: While a having a “broad user base” also made the “pros” list, too many user profiles can also make it difficult for moderators to manage the site, occasionally allowing fake profiles to slip through the cracks.
While both eHarmony and Match.com are excellent choices when it comes to the making your leap into the world of online dating – there are clear differences between the two platforms. eHarmony may be better suited for singles searching for a higher-end, premium service and are invested in a forming a long-term relationship. Match.com offers a much broader user base and seems more suited for the budget-conscious consumer. Choosing an online dating site can seem confusing, but in some ways, it is similar to dating itself. It’s all about choosing what is the best fit for you. Sometimes the hardest part is making that first move — and sign up.
For a list of current eHarmony and Match.com discounts & promo codes plus many more, click here.
Sources: 1 https://www.eharmony.com/blog/behind-the-number-of-eharmony-marriages/#.Wl58lEtG2V4 2 http://www.match.com